Do It Yourself Art

When we decorated a few years ago, I had some specific spots that I couldn't find art for and I painted my own art to fill those spots. While most of the other art in our house is older work mixed with more contemporary furniture, I'm not much of a painter so the art I painted tended to be contemporary.

In our living room we had a large blank wall behind a sofa. Once I had painted this double piece, I realized that dots appeared in lots of other items in my decor. I even worked on a brochure for a nonprofit that ended up with a dot theme.


In our den, things were more casual. One piece I did to fit in the back of a niche above the TV. The birds are a part of a sculpture that sits in front of the painting which has a heart in the center.






Finally, after having a mantel cluttered with small frames, I painted two very large paintings of our cat and dog. I had seen similar paintings on a vacation. I like the cat painting a lot. The dog
painting proved more difficult. The original painting had a black and white dog which really popped on the sky blue background. I also made our dog look fatter than she is. However since she is a one year old Labrador, it maybe that my painting will prove to be predictive of her future.





0 comments:

Post a Comment